Saturday, June 13, 2009

Family Quotes

From time to time my kids have said things that have stuck in my mind and have become some of my favorite sayings.

"It hurts to be beautiful"  ---Daniel in first or second grade.  He came home from school and told me this and I asked what he meant and he told me that a girl in his class got a perm and she had a headache and his beautiful teacher responded with this quote and for some reason it stuck with Daniel.

"I want a skateboard this big"  ----Kevin as a little boy loving skateboards before he could even ride them.  He would hold up his pinky finger and pinch the top knuckle with his other hand and say this.  I found a little snoopy 3 inch long skateboard and he loved it and he would try to ride it. We would laugh and laugh.

"I love Jesus but I hate big, black dogs"  -----Natalie as a preschooler in the car with Janet, my sister.  I'm not sure if this is a direct quote. (Janet, correct me if I am wrong). 

"That is the dumbest thing you've ever said 'no' to"  ---Mitchell as a 17 year old at Lake Powell.  He wanted to take the boat out after dark and "wake surf" off the back.   I hated when they did this in broad daylight because they are just a few feet from the motor and it doesn't look safe to me.  

"When I turn five, I am going to start not doing that all the time"  ----Patrick about picking his nose. 

Please add any of your favorites.

3 comments:

Ani said...

lorna i just love these quotes. i was pretty much laughing out loud by the time i got to patrick's quote. you have the cutest funniest kids ever! and thanks for the compliment about my new blog design! and ps i just might be in love :)

Janet said...

Natalie actually said "I love Jesus better than big dogs." We were laying on our backs watching the clouds when she made this proclamation. I like Jesus better than big dogs too!

Another time she pooped on the stairs. Mark was walking down to the basement and saw what happened and said, "just like a little doggie" Natalie looked up at him and said, "ruff, ruff"

Another story: the kids and I all saw some silly movie and laughed so hard at this line, "Spatula City -- we sell spatulas and nothing else!"

Janet

Lorna said...

Thanks for the clarification. The movie is UHF and my kids love it still.