Every year for many years the kids and Mark have all gotten new skis this time of year. They need them to start training/racing as soon as the white stuff flies. I usually get a pair of last year's or two year's ago skis and the neighborhood kids and relatives get the rest of the "used skis". On Christmas eve Mark lines up all the new skis against the wall in the living room next to the tree. He wants the kids to realize that the skis are Christmas presents. Getting new skis that you have already been using for two months is about like getting clothes for Christmas and none of our kids want clothes! Clothes and skis are a necessity, not a present. Cousin Nate is always jealous and would trade all his presents for just one pair of new skis. It just goes to show you that you can get used to anything or that our kids are very spoiled when it comes to skiing.
Side note: I do like clothes for Christmas, especially the new fur jacket Mark got me last year. The best surprise I have ever had. He normally struggles to get me anything and if he does, I always figure it out anyway.
2 comments:
I for one would like to see the fur jacket!
I hear ya with kids getting use to things. As you know Kent likes to play as much as possible. When "Fall Break" rolled around a couple of weeks ago and we wanted to "play"; our kids asked if we would care if they just wanted to stay home! What's up with that?
haha I love this post. Your family is so fun. I hope you get something fun again this year Lorna!
Post a Comment