I read this book today in one of my "I need to read a book today moods." I really enjoyed it and I have thought a lot about it since I finished it. It is written for young adults but I think anyone would enjoy it. It is kind of like "The Giver" and a little like "The Hunger Games" but I think I liked it better than those two. The author brings up some pretty big questions in subtle ways.My favorite quote from the book: "Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side, our roots will always be tangled." I can think of several people in my life who fit this and I really like the metaphor. I have two other favorite quotes but they would be spoilers, so I will refrain.
I would love to have a conversation with anyone who has read it. So call me if you do!
1 comment:
Looks like I'll be making a trip to the library this week! I always trust your book recommendations
Post a Comment