Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Epic Rides in Jackson



During the Draper Days fireworks, Mark turned to me and said, "We should take a quick trip up to Jackson next week."  So last Tuesday off we went.  It was a beautiful drive with everything so green and lush.  We stayed at the same B&B we stayed at for our 20 year anniversary.  Ten years rushes by.  We biked 30 miles the first day going south away from the Tetons.  It was mostly ranches and so incredibly beautiful, we kept stopping just to look around.  We were going to run the Snake River but it was so full and the rapids were a category four, so we decided to keep biking instead.  There was a little mouse in our room, in our backpack chomping on a candy wrapper that woke us up at 3:30 am.  After seeing it run across the room, I couldn't get back to sleep.  A little tired, we left for our 51.5 mile ride from the Bentwood to Teton Village Ski Resort and on to Jenny Lake.  I kept telling Mark stories from my childhood about camping and staying in my Uncle Lewis' cabin in that area.  We made it to the Jenny Lake Lodge for a wonderful lunch and then back.  I have to say, it was the most beautiful ride I have done.  The Tetons changed views the whole time riding.  We had lots of good food, fun and loved being together for a little trip.   On the way home we stopped in Evanston to buy some fireworks for Patrick.










2 comments:

Mal. said...

that looks gorgeous. I really want to do this now!

ugkuyg said...

me too, it looks amazing! SO green!