So this year I did not make any salsa, we still had a lot left from last year. I read about freezing whole tomatoes on the internet and decided to try it. I washed, core stemmed, lined up individually on a cookie sheet and froze overnight. Then I put the frozen tomatoes into ziplock bags and back into the freezer. It was so easy. When I am craving fresh tomato taste this winter, I just get some out and run them under warm water and the peel will slip right off.
Ellie and Alta picking out their pumpkins from our garden.
Lots of cherry tomatoes for Ellie.
Strawberry Freezer Jam
1/8 cup lemon juice
3 cups sugar (more or less depending on what you like)
10 Tbs Ultra Gel or Clear Jel (get it at the Bosch Kitchen store or order on the internet)(use more for thicker and less for thinner)
Mix the sugar with the Ultra Jel and the strawberries with the lemon juice and the add them all together and let set for 20 minutes. Stir, pour into jars and freeze.
No comments:
Post a Comment