Last month Mark and I went to a fund raising get together at the Grand America for Mitt Romney. I had seen him there last year just walking in the lobby with his wife and two kids. I didn't want to bother him then, but I looked right at him and he looked at me and smiled. This time we were about two rows of people back from him as he talked and shook hands with his supporters. I was just standing watching when Mark shoved me from behind right between two other men and there I was face to face with Mitt. He shook my hand and looked right into my eyes and said, "Thanks for your support." I felt a real connection with him at least it felt real and not fake at all. I have always struggled with people who while they are meeting someone, are looking for the next hand shake and not really interested in who they are meeting. In other words, I don't like fake sincerity. He didn't have that feel at all. It kind of left me a little shaken in how sincere Mitt was with me. Mark laughed at me.

No comments:
Post a Comment