We went to Palo Alto to visit Natalie, Jeremy and Kaitlyn. We had a great time the whole rainy weekend. It even rained enough to cause a flash flood.
We drove up above Palo Alto into the beautiful foothills. I don't remember ever going there when I lived in Sunnyvale and San Jose. I looked up the story that my Grandpa Packer used to always tell me about how Stanford was started. It was an urban legend. Mark thought that was so funny.
We went to San Francisco on Saturday. Nat volunteered to run a 5k race with some young girls from an underprivileged school. It rained the whole race which was in Golden Gate Park. Mark, Jeremy and I along with Kaitlyn drove around and saw the angry ocean while we waited.
We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and had lunch at Boudin's. It was so good. We came back to the apartment at Stanford where Jeremy is attending Law School. He gave us a tour of the wonderful campus.
We went to church and Steve Young was there with his family. He looked like he was stressed getting his kids to behave. He looked good but not as tall as I thought. Mark said he has a real nice voice that he heard in Priesthood meeting.
On the way home from church, we dove by the house and apartments that my grandparents lived in, in Menlo Park. I remembered the address and we drove right to it. I loved visiting there and spending time swimming in the pool, sitting and telling scary stories in the sauna and swinging in the old trees with all of my cousins. I missed Shelly so much, I wanted to call her and reminisce about all the fun and crazy times we had there.
Most of all, we loved watching and playing with Kaitlyn. She is so cute and so smart, we never got bored at all. Natalie made us a wonderful dinner and we flew home. It was a quick trip but we loved it. I can't wait to see them in Draper for Christmas!




1 comment:
Hi Lorna,
I loved hearing about your visit to the ol' stomping ground. Daddy would take us to the beach more often during a storm than if it was peaceful. He loved experiencing the crash of the waves. I cleaned those apartments a few times!--and scrubbed the tile around the edge of the pool while swimming. I loved it when my big sisters brought their kids...and we'd use a board between two chairs so everyone could sit down for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the fun post! Love you, Katie
Post a Comment