Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Cabbage
Pork Chops (I had 7)
Head of Cabbage
Brown each pork chop on one side in an oiled frying pan, season with a good amount of salt and pepper.
Cut up cabbage in 8 wedges and fill the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Put the pork chops on top of the cabbage.
Add 3/4 cup of water mixed with 1 teaspoon beef or chicken bullion.
Set on Manual for 6 minutes and quick release the pressure (takes 4-5 minutes).
Take out the pork and the cabbage and thicken the broth slowly with about 4-6 Tablespoons of flour and a whisk. (Sprinkle and whisk). Set the Instant Pot to Saute More and bring to a boil to thicken.
The chops are tender and it is a quick meal.
I served it with Instant PotPerfect Brown Rice Pilaf from Mel's Kitchen Cafe which I made before the pork chops. It was good but I would cook it longer as the rice was chewy.
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/instantpot-brown-rice-pilaf/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment