
Our newest book club book is "The Invisible Wall" by Harry Bernstein. It is a very good book, even if parts of it are difficult to read (the father is reprehensible). It is about a little street in England where one side is Christian and the other is Jewish. It is set just as WWI is starting. It is told through the eyes of a little boy watching his family and friends as they deal with struggles and triumphs. We all really liked the book and I would highly recommend it. It is written by Mr. Bernstein looking back on his childhood when he is in his nineties which is quite remarkable. Instead of being sad, this book is uplifting and the story sticks with you.
3 comments:
I read that book a couple months ago and I loved it! It's such a good story.
im going to have to read that!
Shalane recommended this to us and Ken and I both loved it. Glad you got to read it too.
Post a Comment