Kevin!
Kevin got published in SKIING Magazine last month. He did this photo shoot last year right before he got married. It is across the canyon from Snowbird on Mt. Superior. I like him to text me when he is finished so I don't worry. I knew this one was a scary mountain and not many if any have ventured it. He had to get up around 4:00 am to hike and climb to the top so they could get the morning sunrise light just right. He is doing a 360 and will finish the turn and go back down the fall line and not into the sluff. He does have poles, you just can't see them at this angle. When he got home, he told me how he had to climb on his hands and knees, carrying his skis on a very skinny crust of snow on the top spine to get to where he wanted to ski down. Even putting on his skis was dangerous there. He said he was the most scared he has ever been and that is saying something since he is rarely scared at all.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, that just takes my breath away!!
wow, reading that makes me scared. Im pretty sure kevin "forgot" to tell me how scary this shoot was going to be. Now I make him tell me exactly what he is going to do.
That is FREAKY!
Post a Comment