Well as I come to the end of my birthweek, I must thank all those who contributed to a wonderful 50th. I was pampered and spoiled and I loved every minute of it. Mark out did himself taking me skiing at Deer Valley, taking me to Market Street where I had lobster, shrimp and king crab, then spending the night at the Grand America (something I had never done, but wanted to do). I thought we wouldn't be doing much since we are going to Europe in May to celebrate. He asked me last summer what I wanted for this birthday and I told him a big party with a band and lots of food and all my friends and family. He didn't think he could pull it off and offered a cruise and trip to Europe instead. I guess it will have to do!
My family with some organization from Janet and Mom, gave me a party Sunday night complete with black balloons and presents. Kelly made a beautiful cake (thank you Kelly for not making it black). Thank you all for the lovely gifts and the great food. I really enjoyed watching all the kids and Janet try to light all those black candles with the kids blowing half of them out each time they blew out their match. Finally all of them were lit and I blew them all out at once. I did feel like a queen for the day with all the attention from my family. The food disappeared quickly because it was so good.
The next day I needed to start a diet because we had eaten so much over the weekend. I was making a nice dinner when Mark came home from work and said "We are going out for sushi". I thought he had more up his sleeve. We went to the Tiberon and there were his siblings to surprise me. The Tiberon is a very nice restaurant and I was pretty sure they didn't serve sushi which they did not. But the halibut was wonderful and the company even better.
Along with celebratory lunches with friends, I have eaten enough for quite a while. I am putting a sign on my bathroom mirror that says, "Would you rather eat that on the yacht?" just to remind me that in 3 months we will be at it again, celebrating!
2 comments:
this is mal.. watching them light and re-light the candles on the cake was good but not as good as that cake, it was so yummy
Sounds like a fun time! Happy 50th for sure.
Post a Comment