Yesterday we went for a hike. I just got back from a week at girls camp and thought that was enough outdoor activity, but Mark was excited to get out. We started at Albion Basin up above Alta Ski Resort and hiked to Catherine Pass and then up to Sunset Peak. Wow, what an incredible 360 degree view. At 10,646 feet you can see everything. It is almost as good as hiking the the Alps. On the way down I channeled my inner Rosie Neilson (who never wastes gravity) and we trail ran all the way from Catherine's Pass to the parking lot. Amazingly, it felt really good. When and where do I pick up my hairshirt?
Can you have green fatigue in the desert of Utah?
Hard to believe Kevin skis the steep pitch of Mt. Superior.
Lakes Catherine, Martha and Mary with Brighton in the background.
On the way home we stopped at REI to pick up some new hiking shoes. Hopefully that means we will do this again.
2 comments:
These pictures are just what I needed today Lorna. I dreamed about Utah last night and woke up missing it. Thanks for sharing :)
hahah your inner rosie neilson. I want to do that hike it looks beautiful!
Post a Comment