Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Week From Tomorrow!

So we are in the last phase of preparation for our trip to Italy, or should I say I.... as Mark has yet to notice all my obsessive plans.


We are off to Florence where we will tour the city, museums, churches and eat lots of Tuscan food.  I have researched all of these and I think I have a wonderful itinerary for us.  We will have 3 days before our bike trip starts to soak up the culture and romance of that beautiful city.  


We have trained and I think we are in good shape and ready to go.  Yesterday I trained with my new personal trainer on the TRX and then went on a 4-hour hike with Mark to White Pine Lake.  It was steep and rocky but really pretty.  We came home, watched the BYU game and then listened to some Andrea Bochelli just to get in the mood.


I made a packing list and debated and thought about every item on the list, so that I am efficient but prepared.  I shared this list with our fellow bikers and Lynn asked me why I was bringing an iron.  I wrote "flat iron" on the list.  He doesn't know what that is.  I told him it is a curling iron for straight hair.  


We will be biking from Florence to Rome for 6 days.  We will be with 12 of our best friends.  We are staying at Agritourismos along the way.  You can pick your route--somewhere between 14 and 40 miles a day.  Our guides will be Mateo and Luigi, who sound like cute young Italians. 


So I will try to update each day on my ipad, if I can get internet.  

1 comment:

Ron and Susan said...

I had no idea you guys were going to do this. Have a great time!