Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Whole Family for Christmas!

Natalie, Jeremy and Kaitlyn flew into Salt Lake from Stanford and Mitchell had a few weeks off from BYU so we were all together for two weeks.  I cooked lots and lots of food--thirteen people for 3 meals a day and snacks.  We all had so much fun that we forgot to take pictures.  I even got a spiffy new camera lens from my children and I didn't use it much.  We still did our Christmas on Christmas Eve so that I can have my whole family to myself without sharing the day with the in-laws.  It works out so well that way.  

We spend almost two hours opening gifts and laughing.  At the end of all the gift giving, Mal handed Mark an envelope.  She said it was just for him.  I knew what it was and knew that he would share it with me--a gift certificate to The Wild Rose restaurant.  He just kept starring at it and didn't say anything.  Finally I tried to see what he was looking at so long.  I started to cry and then got teary and then Mal did and we all hugged and were so excited.  We have waited for 3 1/2 years for this one.  Mark was relentless in his pressure to produce another grandchild the whole time and Kevin would tease us with fake announcements.  It was a really great present.

Kaitlyn was the center of attention along with Alta and Ellie.  She was learning to walk and we all helped her practice.  There was lots of skiing and the weather kept the snow coming.  The boys had a few late nights with Call of Duty and we watched movies together and even played Monopoly.  Daniel won.















No comments: