Friday, April 29, 2016

Day 1-Salt Lake to Paris

We flew over the ocean for over 10 hours at very fast speeds to reach Paris.  When we get there. We like to travel like the locals, so we took the train from CDG to Paris.  It seems we are the only tourists who do so.  I remembered the system and got us to our destination at the Rodin Museum.  I was at this museum 39 years ago and have always wanted to see it again.  Rodin mesmerizes me and I love every statue.  Mark had never seen it and enjoyed it too, although for different reasons.


For Ryan Enniss



Some Hugo for Liz

Icarus' sister





We walked to our familiar haunts and bought a baguette and some cookies before dinner.  The Roberts and the Winspears should be with us because they would laugh watching us navigate together.  Above ground, Mark knows where he is and how to get to where he wants to go.  I occasionally argue but pretty much trust that he is right.  On the other hand, underground his sense of direction is all off, he just doesn't know it.  I love figuring out the metro, trains and where we are going.  It can be very confusing and is like a puzzle.  Mark just goes by feel and what looks right to him.  Without me he would have never made it to dinner or back to the airport. I did make one little mistake and noticed it right when we got on the crowded train.  I yelled, "wrong one" and jumped off.  Mark tried to follow me but the doors were closing and he got stuck.  A nice guy pushed him out just as the train sped off down the track.  He didn't even get mad at me.  



For Pat-they wouldn't let me take a picture of their guns.  The police and military presence was 10 fold what I have seen before.



We went to dinner at a cute little place that Doug and Vivian Cline (true Froncofiles) recommended.  It just happened to be in our favorite neighborhood.  It was good and the owner was very helpful and friendly.  He even kissed me on both cheeks when we left.  






A millevanilli for Karl Jepsen


Speaking of kisses, thirty-nine years ago, a random stranger, grabbed me and gave me a kiss under the Eiffel Tower. Mark makes sure to reenact that event every time we are here.

We got back to our hotel in the airport by 10:00 pm and hope to sleep before our morning flight to Tel Aviv.

1 comment:

ugkuyg said...

I just happened to check my blog and saw that you were posting about your trip. We're so glad we'll get to see what you're doing! The girls loved the pictures of the Eiffel Tower and wish they were there.