After a good night's sleep (thanks Ambien), we get up and walk into the terminal from the hotel. It is two hours before our plane is to leave. I get nervous about times, so I said let's get to our gate and then eat breakfast. Mark would have been happy to eat at the hotel and get there an hour or less early. We get finally get to the border control which is massive with Disney type lines snaking all over and we are pulled out and told we need to check one of our bags. We have to check one of our carefully packed carry-ons for weight (17.5 Kg)? I don't like that at all. I say I'll stay right there and hold our spot and Mark can take the bag to where ever. I watch him talking to the agent and I can see that neither one is understanding the other. I hear Mark say, "How many yards?" So I say, I'll take it and off I go running down the crowded 2E corridor. I finally make it to "Area 2" and get the bag checked and run back to Mark and we get back in line. Time is clicking away...... We finally get to the front and we are in the wrong line but we fudge and get in the "all passports" line when no one is looking. We then head for security, but it we have to go catch a train to get to the "L" gates. Mark is taking his time, which does not make me happy. We finally get to the "L" security and lucky the line isn't bad. We get to the gate and it is time to board. We are both hungry, so we go buy some yogurt and quiche and find out the plane is delayed 15 minutes. We get to eat and then when we go to board they take our other carefully packed carry on and send it to be checked?? What?? Anyway we get on and we have separate seats and I look over at Mark and this is what I see. How can you not laugh and be happy at that? The stressful two hours melt away.
We get to Tel Aviv and meet our friends and the rest of the tour. I can tell this is going to be amazing and I think to myself, wow our cool next door neighbors, the Roberts are really missing out!
We have a nice big bus with wifi. We drive to Jaffa (Joppa) and have a little tour. It is on the beautiful Mediterranean Sea.
Our guide Blair takes us to a little place and we read Acts 10 about Peter's vision of the unclean animals and his difficulties understanding and following the Lord in this matter. We are asked: What will try our faith, what is a deal breaker for us in following the Prophet? I hope I don't have one.
This is also where Jonah came running away from his assignment.
We have a buffet dinner at our hotel, The Metropolitan Tel Aviv. It is good and I eat too much. Then we go out to the Med Sea and wade around a minute and take a walk on the beach. It is not warm, but it is beautiful.
It's hard to get a good picture on an iPhone in the dark. But this is so I will remember. I never had my camera with me today so all the pictures are from my phone. All in all, a good day and hey....we are in Israel! How cool is that?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment