Friday, December 30, 2016

Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup

I just got an Instant Pot for Christmas and I am going to keep track of my recipes here.
I used my Chicken Noodle Soup recipe first .

Chicken Noodle Soup


Soup:
1 whole chicken
2 onions, cut in big pieces
2 stalks celery, cut in big pieces
1-tablespoon salt
1/4-teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 quarts water-approximately (if you fill to the MAX line, it will be too full)

Noodles:
2 eggs
4 tablespoons water
1/2-teaspoon salt
1/4-teaspoon pepper
2 cups flour


Put all soup ingredients in the Instant Pot with the chicken on the bottom.  Set the Manual button to 45 minutes. I let it cool naturally but you can quick-release the pressure manually.  The quick release can make a mess, so put a wash cloth over the release button and check the little drain often or you will have a big mess like I did.  I had a 6 pound chicken and filled it to the Max line and it was too much, but it was still good, just made a mess.

Take out the chicken and let it cool on a plate.  Strain broth in a colander over a pan and discard vegetables.  Pick chicken off the bones and set aside.  Make noodles--beat eggs, water, salt and pepper with a fork.  Gradually add flour.  Knead slightly.  Roll out with flour on counter and cut into strips.  Add to broth which has been put back in the Instant Pot.  Press the Saute Setting and then the Adjust button to move temperature from Normal to More.  Boil until noodles are done (about 10 min).  Add the chicken back into the soup and serve. 

No comments: