Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mitchell's First Letter


Dear Family,
     These first couple of days have been pretty weird to get used to sitting in class for hours.  But we can already say a prayer and bare a testimony in Korean.  We have two teachers, Brother Murray and Sister Song.  Sister Song is Korean and Brother Murray went to Korea on his mission.  There are 4 of us going to LA and everyone else is going to Korea.  Elder Sung is Korean, but he is from Australia and has an Australian accent, he is pretty funny.  He is going to LA.  My companion is Elder Nead and we get along good.  He is from Washington.
     I've seen a lot of people I know and I saw Parker Moody a couple of times.  One of my friends from school is learning Japanese, so he has the same schedule as me, his name is Elder Sheffield.
     I met an Elder Brower from Wyoming yesterday at lunch.  It seems like all we do is study and eat.  The food is not bad and I like having all-you-can eat 3 meals a day.  
     We are going to the temple today and on Sunday we went and walked around the temple.
Love, Brower

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet. I love hearing from missionaries. I have a lot more empathy for mission moms now that I am one! Hugs to you and your family.