Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ski Day

We just got back from a beautiful day skiing at Park City Resort.  I have not skied much this year with being sick for almost 2 months, two weddings and a missionary.  So I didn't feel that confident but it was so pretty after a snowy week that I had to go.  Also, Natalie's husband Jeremy was going and I thought maybe he would be a little slower since he has only skied 4 times--ever.   At the least I could impress him since no one I ever ski with is that impressed. Now don't get me wrong, I can ski -- maybe an advanced intermediate with great form. Well was I wrong on all counts.  Jeremy can ski and ski fast.  He just bombs down the hill with no fear and he has amazing form for a beginner or just about most of the skiers on the hill.  I could not keep up with him.  I got worn out and my feet started to hurt and I was done before everyone else.  So much for an impression. Mark is always patient and is so happy that I am there and I love to watch him ski.  I can spot him from anywhere because he is the best skier on the hill at all times.  I also love watching Natalie and Patrick angulating their way down the mountain at very fast speeds.  I am glad I went and hope to have another chance to make a good impression.  Maybe next year!

No comments: