We had lots of family and friends here for the fireworks in the backyard. The city puts on a great show in the field behind our house. The fireworks were amazing as always. It is so much fun to be right under them. All the kids and some adults climb up on our back garage roof. I wondered if anyone would come this year since Natalie and Mitchell are gone but they started showing up and it was comforting to look up and see all the kids on the roof cheering and enjoying the beautiful show and warm summer night.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Beni's Adventure 2
On Friday night the city was full of people celebrating and there was excitement in the air. Beni really wanted to follow us to the park for the concert (John Ford Coley) but I made sure he was in before we left. Patrick came home for just a minute and let him out and he must have bolted. He was not home when we got home around 11:00. We figured he would come home since we know that he is smart and knows the way. I didn't sleep well wondering if someone had taken him. The next morning, I put an add in KSL and took a walk around the park and the trail. I put up some signs and called animal control. Patrick rode his bike around the park every hour or so. No Beni. At 10:00 am Patrick went back to the park and there was Beni with a family on a leash walking around. Patrick was so happy to see him. The couple saw him wandering around on Friday night and took him home. They said he was such a nice dog and even climbed in bed to snuggle with them. He was well kept but he was so happy to come home. He spent the rest of the day under the table and every time I looked at him he averted his eyes. He knew he had done it again, kept me worrying and he was embarrassed. It is time to get that electric fence fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
'm so glad that Beni is okay!!! He is such a sweet thing. I love that he slept at someone elses house:)
Post a Comment