Every year Draper puts on a big celebration for the 24th of July (Pioneer Day), they always do it the Saturday before the 24th. Yesterday the festivities started and Patrick and I drove by a field where they were taking people on helicopter rides. I thought he would love that experience so we waited for Mark to get home from work and we went to check it out. It was $35 and I was excited for Patrick to go. Mark went over and paid and just like when we were in Alaska at Mt. McKinley (in a little bush plane), he paid for all of us to go up. I was not excited to go at all. I tried to beg off, but then relented and climbed in. No doors!!! I was belted in but it was still pretty scary to be right on the edge ready to fall out at a banked turn. Lift off was pretty neat and I liked the ride as I tried to relax. When the pilot turned sharply, I held on for dear life, just in case the seatbelt didn't hold. We flew around Draper and saw our backyard. The view was incredible and the look on Patrick's face was all worth it.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Draper Days and Nights
Every year Draper puts on a big celebration for the 24th of July (Pioneer Day), they always do it the Saturday before the 24th. Yesterday the festivities started and Patrick and I drove by a field where they were taking people on helicopter rides. I thought he would love that experience so we waited for Mark to get home from work and we went to check it out. It was $35 and I was excited for Patrick to go. Mark went over and paid and just like when we were in Alaska at Mt. McKinley (in a little bush plane), he paid for all of us to go up. I was not excited to go at all. I tried to beg off, but then relented and climbed in. No doors!!! I was belted in but it was still pretty scary to be right on the edge ready to fall out at a banked turn. Lift off was pretty neat and I liked the ride as I tried to relax. When the pilot turned sharply, I held on for dear life, just in case the seatbelt didn't hold. We flew around Draper and saw our backyard. The view was incredible and the look on Patrick's face was all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I am impressed that you were so brave. Loved the post about the cousins.
Post a Comment