Year's Best

I really think these are the best books I have read this year. Written with a strong heroine and an unforgettable story, they are written as young adult fiction but have multiple layers of meaning for any level of reader. Patrick has read them both more than once. Remember reading "The Lord of the Flies"? They should throw all the copies away and not assign students to read it in high school. This is so much better and still addresses similar themes. This is a trilogy so we have to wait for the last installment. Still---read them and let me know what you think. I think we will be seeing a movie deal at some point!
2 comments:
Hi, Lorna -
Patti told me about the Hunger Games; wasn't sure I'd like it as I'm not really in to the "Futuristic Genre." But I couldn't put it down; very compelling and well written. Didn't know about Catching Fire - going to the Library website and getting my name on the list right now!!
I am in the middle of a WONDERFUL book that I think you would like if you haven't read it: Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. It is part of The Mitford Series and she writes so seamlessly and tells a beautiful story. Warms my heart to read it. (The books on tape of the Mitford Series are very well done, as well.)
Lorna, McKenzie got us hooked on these books toward the end of the summer! We all LOVE them! BTW, I am so happy to find you have a blog...now I can stalk the Brower Family!
Post a Comment