Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stats



I got my new road bike on September 25th. These are the stats:

Total Miles: 230
Fastest MPH: 32.8
Longest Ride: 31 miles with Karen (we went down to Thanksgiving Point, over to the west mountains and back through Riverton and on home to Draper)
Shortest Ride: 1 mile with Benni running full out (he misses our walks)
Average Ride: 12 miles on the Porter Rockwell Trail from my house.

I have ridden with Karen, Mark and my brother Kent.

Things I have seen:

1 white-tailed fox (Janet says this is good luck)
a small herd of deer running along side me
cats that come on to the trail every day
flocks of Canadian Geese
lots and lots of grasshoppers
1 full-size T-rex in someone's backyard that sports halloween attire right now
lots of dogs on leashes and yes I always say "biker on your left" when I speed passed
the State Prison (luckly there is a freeway separating us)
the point of the mountain gravel pit
30-40 hang gliders (three different times) (South Mountain is the hang glider capital) (I still think it looks so relaxing and fun to do. but I haven't ever tried it)
2 horses on the trail next to me

I am really enjoying my new hobby. I think Mark is surprised that I am sticking to it. I love to be outside each morning (whenever the temperature is above 46 degrees). Sometimes he will go with me after work. I really don't like riding with cars, but the trail is perfect. Sometimes I do it twice if I am up to it, like today!

1 comment:

ugkuyg said...

WOW Lorna, that's awesome!