Patrick got all his stuff ready to go all by himself last night. He went to school this morning and then at lunch, he drove himself to Solitude Ski Resort. This is a big giant step in my life as a mother. I didn't do one thing to get anyone ready. There were no tears, no loud encouragement to get in the car (not to be construed as yelling), no "I forgot something" half way up the mountain. No lunches, hot chocolate thermos's, no standing in lines to sign for passes at the resort. No waiting in the car for someone to get all their gear ready and on. No driving or waiting period. What am I going to do with all this new-found free time? Winter is taking on new meaning for me. I am going to have to rethink. Mark took Annelisa and I out to lunch and I got a call from Patrick about what the best way to get to Solitude might be. Mark made a face and I reminded him that Patrick is my son and that he has not paid attention to where I have been driving him all these years. Once he drives there once by himself, he will not get lost.
Friday, November 12, 2010
First Ski Day of the Season
Patrick got all his stuff ready to go all by himself last night. He went to school this morning and then at lunch, he drove himself to Solitude Ski Resort. This is a big giant step in my life as a mother. I didn't do one thing to get anyone ready. There were no tears, no loud encouragement to get in the car (not to be construed as yelling), no "I forgot something" half way up the mountain. No lunches, hot chocolate thermos's, no standing in lines to sign for passes at the resort. No waiting in the car for someone to get all their gear ready and on. No driving or waiting period. What am I going to do with all this new-found free time? Winter is taking on new meaning for me. I am going to have to rethink. Mark took Annelisa and I out to lunch and I got a call from Patrick about what the best way to get to Solitude might be. Mark made a face and I reminded him that Patrick is my son and that he has not paid attention to where I have been driving him all these years. Once he drives there once by himself, he will not get lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment