Thursday, February 23, 2012

Photos of the Area



































































If I have posted any of these before, please forgive. It is hard to blog on an iPad. I will reorganize all of it when I get home.


Today was cloudy so our plans to ski above Interlaken and go to the Jungfrau will have to wait for tomorrow. Instead we drove around and went shopping. After an hour in Gstaad where everything costs four times as much as Mark thinks it should, we ended up at a ski store/gas station named "Overlap" trying on boots. Hans was wonderful and diagnosed my problems using his vast knowledge and some high tech machinery. I found out why my feet always hurt. I am walking on two pin size pressure points on each foot, with the rest of my foot taking none of my body weight. Add a very high instep and the veins on the top of my feet too exposed, and there you have it, painfull walking, running and skiing. He made me a foot bed that should distribute my wieght over my whole foot. He also set me up with some Fisher boots. We went for a few quick ski runs to test the new boots and took them back for fine tuning. Finally someone who believes me when I say my feet hurt most of the time. I will have to delete some bad habits that I have trying to compensate. A new way of skiing is in my future. I could never ski with both skis straight while on a cat track or long runout without turning because going straight hurt so much. Hopefully those days are over. On our first day here Johny told me "you ski so stiff, loosen up, relax!" Here's to more comfort and better skiing!



No comments: