Monday, April 22, 2013

Hello Elder Moser

After dinner we walked back to the hotel and then Mark and I started our quest to find our daughter-in-law Malorie's brother Tyler who is on a mission for our Church in Edinburgh. Mark was driving and I was not so sure about how he would do since he drives by feel and instinct more than by paying attention. I should have known he would be an expert. I was using my non-connected GPS on my iPhone and a map Tyler's mom gave me. Mark didn't like waiting for me to figure out where we were and just started driving in what he thought was the general direction. It was quite hit and miss. I would find us and then lose us on the 2 maps. It was frustrating to say the least. Roads change names in the middle of blocks and the road signs are impossible to find or see especially in the dark. Most of them if they are there at all are on low walls or close to the ground. We knew we were in the area of the Mission Home but not close enough to find it. Mark turned on to the wrong side of the street once but the rest of the time he was an amazing driver. On the other hand, I was getting to the end of my emotional rope. It had been a very long night and day. I said "stop right here", so he did. We were off of the iPhone map and the other one had no street names. We had made it that far and yet we had no idea where to go next. We sat there in the backwards car and I wanted to cry. I was going to say a prayer and before I could, Mark's iPhone picked up a signal without us doing a thing. Mine never did. I typed in the destination and we were never so happy to hear that nice lady's voice tell us where to go! We drove to the address and we saw some Elders walking and stopped them. I was so happy and very relieved to see them. They told us where Elder Moser lived. We knocked on the door but no one answered. We went to the front of the old beautiful mansion that is the mission home, but it was all dark. As we were walking back we saw some young men in the dark and I asked if they knew Elder Moser. Then we got close enough to see his big grin when he said "it's me!" Before he could say anything more I gave him a big hug and said, "this is from your mom." Then Mark hugged him and said, "this is from your dad!" He looks so amazingly wonderful! We talked with him and his companion and delivered the package of treats and ties from his mom. Two more Missionaries came out and while we were shivering, had a wonderful visit. I have to say they were all glowing--such happy and good looking young men.

We said goodbye and I put the address of our hotel into Mark's still working iPhone and off we went. To our great surprise and astonishment, we were only about four minutes away after spending over 45 minutes getting there. It truly was a adventure and I know that Collette was praying and rooting for us to find her son and give him some of her love. Tyler's companion said, "Elder Moser's mom loves him more than my mom loves me." And I knew right then that he was speaking the truth!














These are for Collette and Randy because one picture is never enough.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Gwen said...

You two have become quite the travelers!! I love Edinburgh! Definitely one of my places that I would go back to. We had a car as well and there was alot of hollering.

Moser Family said...

Yahoo! Thanks so much. Sorry it was such a difficult find! He looks happy and healthy! Have a wonderful trip and NO HACKING, Mark!