Tuesday, April 23, 2013

St. Andrews of Fife

We got up very early to have a quick breakfast and get out of Edinburgh before the rush hour started not quite trusting our driving. We drove through hill and dale, across the Firth of Forth, passed small villages and arrived in St. Andrews, the home of golf before eight in the morning.




I got a little car sick squished into the middle back seat, so I was happy to get out even though it was quite cold. We looked around the St. Andrews Cathedral ruins and walked to the calm North Sea.
















































Then we walked over to the St. Andrews Castle ruins. They were still closed too due to the earliness of the morning. Walking back to the car I spotted the Spokes Bike Shop and stopped in to ask about bikes for hire. The nice gentleman showed me the rental bikes and I said I would be back when it was warmer and sunny. He touched my arm and let out a hearty laugh and said, "let me know too". I laughed too as I walked out of the store.
We drove to our lodgings, The Old Course Hotel and was greeted by the doorman in full traditional dress.




The hotel is so beautiful and the views out over the most famous golf courses in the world and out to the North Sea are unbelievable. It feels like we are in a movie. I pretty much need to pinch myself to believe that we are really here.
We met the other golfers from Hidden Valley Country Club, and had lunch in the pro shop building. We watched as Dale and Mark teed off on the first hole of the Jubilee Course. It was blowing pretty hard and was still cold but off they went.








Marilyn and I went back to the hotel and wrote in our blogs, toured the hotel and got ready for our spa appointments. I am so spoiled I can't even believe it. I had an 80 minute message.

No comments: