Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Les Alpilles-38 miles

After breakfast we had our daily route meeting and then walked to the St. Remy open market.  Lots of stuff, and I get bored of stuff real fast but I did like all of the food. 






 We rode from St. Remy to Eygalieres, hiked a litte peak and then had lunch.


Karl and Ann Jepsen




 Then we rode the long loop for about 3 hours through the Alpilles back to St. Remy.  It had some long slight uphills and some wonderful downhills.  

 Steve had some bike issues and we finally lost him about 5 miles before the end.  He had to ride to the hotel in the "van of shame."

We did our wash in a good little coin laundry and went to dinner at a bistro across the street from our hotel.  It was very good.  I had stuffed mushrooms, salad, seabass and creme brulee.  Mark had a cold pork loaf, lamb shank and an apple tartlet.  We were stuffed.  
We are leaving St. Remy tomorrow morning after 4 nights in the L'Image Hotel.  We have enjoyed our stay here but look forward to a new experience in Avignon.

No comments: