Today we joined the paddle boat. I liked it on the flat water but in the rapids, I was concentrating on rowing so much that I missed the excitement of going through the rapids. Mark and several others jumped out and floated through 2 rapids. They said the liked it but no one was smiling as we pulled them back into the boats. They were pretty cold and Mark swallowed some of the river. After lunch at Kanab Creek where it was too hot and very sunny, I switched rafts.
We came down the river and we started to see lightning and hear close thunder.
As we approached "Upset", we parked the rafts and went to scout out the rapid. Four of us stayed on the shore and took photos of the rafts going through the rapids in the rain. We then hiked back and shot them with Tess. She took us right down the middle and it was crazy exciting. We rose high up and descended down low several times. It was so wonderful. I loved every minute. I'm glad I got to do this one on day 6 instead of day 2. I would have been scared to death, but now I am so experienced, I absolutely loved it. It was a wild ride for sure!
| Mark is on the front with the paddle up |
| Our guide Tess |
| Johnsons are happy they survived Upset |
After getting all situated which takes some time each night, it started to rain. I washed my face, lotioned up, cleaned my feet, rubbed in Aquafor, brushed my teeth, put my stuff away so it won't blow away, settled into bed and said our nightly prayers. The rain felt good and I just used my sarong for a blanket so I won't get too hot. I can get it wet if needed. I tossed and turned and it rained at least one more time, but I awoke rested and ready for another day.
| The Legdes, our bedroom for the night |
No comments:
Post a Comment