One of the 3 sources of the Jordan River. Like hiking in Hawaii, lush and lots of water. Not what you would expect. I loved it. The Roberts really missed out today.
This is the border of Israel and Syria. I can't believe we were just a few miles away. You could hear gun shots and explosion sounds. As we sat at the top of this hill and looked down, an intense sadness came over me. I recognized it because it was the same feeling I had at the concentration camps in Germany. It truly surprised me. I needed to sit down and cry for an hour, but we were on to the next spot. It has stayed with me all day. I have a lot of processing to do about this.
This is the "fishing nets" area where 2 of the apostles are from. We saw a donkey walk by, then a horse and then a camel. My photo card was full, so I didn't get the camel.
We came back and swam in the Sea of Galilee for an hour. There were small to medium waves and it wasn't too cold. The fact that both of us swam and stayed in the water was proof.
We are learning so much, I can't begin to write it down. Hopefully when I get home I can come back and add a lot to this. Also, I get tired every night and by the time I write this, I need to be in bed.
I just don't want to forget where we have been.

























No comments:
Post a Comment