Friday, May 6, 2016

Day 7- Jordan Valley, Beit Shean, Jordan River, Jericho and The Dead Sea

I still can't believe I am here reading and hearing the Bible stories in the airspace (as our guide likes to point out) where they happened.  I am sure I will never read the scriptures the same again.  Our friend Jerry told me that I wouldn't feel that much while I am here but I would think about it every day when I got home and that it would be very meaningful. Jerry is wrong.  I feel so much, I am emotionally exhausted every night.  But every morning I am excited to go again.

Beit Shean ruins.  These were pretty amazing.  They are the most complete ruins in Israel.  

We hiked up for a better view.

Bathrooms in the Delta Center.  There are a lot of them.


The River Jordan where John baptized Jesus.  The border with Jordan runs down the center of this River.





Lunch is pretty much the same each day with pita, meat and salad.  Today we had some meat and rice.  It was good. 

For Carol Sue. 

Tel Jericho

Qumran Caves where The Dead Sea Scrolls were found.  



Floating in the Dead Sea was amazing.  I licked my finger and the salt burned my tongue. Some people were rubbing the back mud all over themselves.  I thought I was doing good getting in and floating.  I was worried I would start to itch all over but I didn't.  I think the Roberts would have enjoyed the experience and I am sorry they are not here. 



We stayed in Jericho for one night. I was so tired, I didn't blog.  I wish I could write my feelings about each site, but I just don't have time.  I am keeping a journal, so hopefully I can rewrite this when I get home.  I am missing Alta, Ellie, Olive, Kaitlyn, Austin, Ashley, Beck and Penny!  Please Instagram for me!!!!







No comments: