On July 19, 2017, we boarded our flight from Salt Lake City direct to Amsterdam, The Netherlands! We sprang for 1st class, a new experience for us. We were like kids trying out all the buttons and whistles. We watched movies, ate really good food, were well served and enjoyed all the personal space we each had. The best part was sleeping! Wow, the chairs had many adjustments including flat and were very comfortable. A great experience.
A little lunch before setting out. Mark cut his fingers in a table saw 6 weeks ago. He is healing well, but still needs to keep his hand in a brace and up. He handmade 3 different braces to bring. Before we left, I had nightmares of his fingers splitting open, but so far, so good!
We took the canal tour right across from the hotel. It was warm and humid and we were both tired which is not a good combination. We both had to fight to stay awake.
We couldn't wait to take a nap. After a nap we felt a lot better and set off to walk to the sights. We immediately took a wrong turn and got lost. Thank goodness for google maps on an iPhone. We got back on track and walked past the Ann Frank House which had a several hour long line. We kept on towards the VanGogh Museum in short spurts of rain and sun. We got there right on time for our tickets. It was so crowded, I could not enjoy it like I wanted to. I have been VanGogh exhibits in New York, LA, and Provence, France and this one is the worst. I was so disappointed, the lighting and the crowds ruined it for me. Oh well, we had a good time getting there and back.
Mark enjoyed talking to this guy about his handmade wooden bike.
Leaving the Van Gogh Museum, I guess we were the only ones leaving.
We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel and then slept 9 hours, a very unusual thing for me.


1 comment:
I'm so glad your blogging so we can hear all about your trip!
Post a Comment