Monday, April 20, 2009

Bread #2

I decided to try the "30 Minute Bread", the second recipe in the book.  Again, I added too much flour.  I wonder if my flour is too dry?  I used 1/3 less than the called for amount.  I had to add a tablespoon of water to the kneading dough and it turned soft and pliable.  Everything looked good except that it didn't work.  The bread did not raise in the oven good and it was dry and thick and too salty.  All in all not a success.  I thought that Beni would like the loaf we didn't sample but he ate 12 large croissants off the counter last night-- left over from Brooke's homecoming party yesterday.  I found the remains on the floor this morning.  After watching "Chuck" tonight Mark said he could smell something.  We started looking around for kitty poop and found a very large chunky puddle of dog throw-up on the kitchen floor.  Patrick had to clean it up, it is his dog.  He moaned and complained but finally did it.  That dog has a weak stomach.  I don't clean up messes like that.  I do a lot of things but not that!

No comments: