

So I am pretty happy with the first attempt. Despite the over long rising, the bread is very good. It has a very fine texture and Patrick and Mark liked it a lot. It cooked about 5 minutes faster than the shortest time called for. It cracked on one side, not sure why but it doesn't affect the taste. If you don't have the book and want the recipes, email me and I will send them to you. I have always wondered about the instruction to thump the bottom of the bread to see if it is done. But the loaves came out of the pans so easily that I thumped them and it sounded hollow and they were done. This was so much fun maybe I'll do more than one a week. I know that Mark says "you can't make friends with salad" but I'm sure any friend would be happy to get a nice warm loaf of bread.
1 comment:
I was just talking to Dan about that book today! I'll have to buy it this week and try my first loaf. I'm not very good at making bread but I still think it's so fun!
Post a Comment