Saturday, April 4, 2009

Some Favorites

I just downloaded the new Tabernacle Choir CD and it is wonderful.  Go to itunes and listen to or buy the first two songs. The arrangements of "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and "Amazing Grace" are truly incredible.  I like to turn the volume up loud when no one is home.   


If you want to know the origin of the song "Amazing Grace", rent the movie Amazing Grace.  It is a very good movie about William Wilberforce played by the Horatio Hornblower actor, Ioan Gruffudd and the music at the end is another powerful arrangement of this song that is very moving. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lorna, I'm glad to hear this is a good CD. I'm want to get it. Bro. Wilberg is amazing! Did you hear the choir sing Isreal, Isreal God is Calling in the morning session? I thought it was very beautiful and inspiring. When they sang, "Come to Zion, come to zion for your coming Lord is nigh" it just felt like such a loving and poignant (sp) invitation to each person in the world. His use of unison, such as with the men at the beginning and then building the dynamics and adding the soprano descant really highlighted the text and the emotion of the song. As you can tell, it really made an inpression on me. I think the choir is better than ever!