Monday, May 18, 2009

Bread #6

Well I was all ready to write about what should be my favorite bread, Frisian Sugar Loaf, but I made it two times and it did not work either time.  It has broken sugar cubes dusted with cinnamon and I thought it would be like Great Harvest Cinnamon Burst bread, but it is not.  The sugar melts into the bread when it cooks and it just tastes like a light cinnamon bread.  Its good, just not what I had expected.  Mark really likes it and maybe I will when I stop thinking it should be different. 

3 comments:

Ani said...

haha you are funny lorna! that sounds good to me too!

ugkuyg said...

Darn, the description of that loaf in the book sounded SO good! I'll have to try it anyway though. That is, if I ever have a kitchen to cook in.

Stacy said...

I hate it when things don't turn out the way you wanted...even if it is still good. I know how you feel;)