Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dr. Ellsworth's Skin Advice

I thought I would share Dr. Ellsworth's skin advice he gave me. (See previous post for explanation)

Acne Solution

Wash morning and night with Cetaphil mild soap (any grocery store near the acne lotions)
Night put on a thin film of Tazarotene Gel 0.05%
Morning put on a thin film of Clindamycin Phosphate Gel 20 gm

Your face will be red and start to peel. It may hurt for a few days or weeks as the process gets started. These are pretty strong drugs but take about 6 to 12 weeks to work well. Don't get discouraged and keep up the regimen.

Places to get the stuff:
tazorac westcoastdrugs.com
clindamycin inhousepharmacy.com

Both of these online stores are not especially legal in that you don't need a prescription. It takes about a week to get the clindamycin and about a month to get the tazorac.

This is such a better regimen than Accutane.


For Adults

Always wear sunscreen.
Use a Retin-A product every night for the rest of your life (I use Differin from inhousepharmacy.com and have for many years)
As far as treatments, he recommends Fractal Laser for anti-aging (but it is very expensive).

1 comment:

ALIX said...

This is good advice. I may try it. My face has been breaking out so bad lately and I am getting so frustrated. My cousin, Rachel is on accutane and she has seen some pretty good results. I kind of want to try it... Maybe I will stick to topical for a bit longer before doing the scary accutane.