Sunday, August 22, 2010
Patrick's New Diet
Patrick got his tonsils out last Monday. He has been pretty sick all week, laying on the couch and not talking much at all while taking pain meds and anti-biotics. The surgery went well and it was a good thing he got them out as they were filled with infection. He lost 8 pounds in 8 days eating a steady diet of gatorade, chocolate pudding and drinkable yogurt. Today he started to eat some solid food but his stomach is rebelling. The doctor told me that we only need our tonsils until we are about 4 years old--then they are worthless and shouldn't give us trouble. Unfortunately some people have trouble. Mitchell had his out pretty young and Mark had his out when he was 29. I remember spending the day at the hospital all day waiting for Mark to come out. I have always had a fear of anesthesia and was worried about him. The nurses said I couldn't see him. I waited and then asked again. They still said no and I persisted and said, "I can't believe a wife can't visit her husband". They looked shocked and said, "We thought he was 15!" I told them he had three kids too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment