We had a great time last week with the Winspear Clan as they all came to Utah for Dillon and Jane's wedding. They came from Minnesota, Florida, Arizona, Idaho, California, Washington, Nevada and Utah. We had a house full of wonderful guests and the rest were spread out among the Slaughters and a few hotels. We had so much fun together. I wonder why they all don't live in Utah! The wedding was on Friday and then we had the whole group including Jane's family at our house for a bar-b-q on Saturday. There were more than 60 people here, the most we have ever had. It was so much fun to see everyone getting to know each other better. In the late afternoon the competitive spirit of so many boys/men (I still think of the Winspear boys as boys, even you Chris) took over in the form of a barefoot soccer game. With Shad, Nate, Patrick and Kevin representing the Browers and three generations of Winspears along with a Call, the game was a blast to watch. Patrick did a standing backflip when his team scored and Not-To-Be-Out-Done-Nate did a back side flip the next score. Amanda came in and showed that this was not just for guys and then after a couple of hours Brooke came in and showed us how it's done with a score to end the game. I really don't know who was on what team though. Jeff broke his big toe early on in the game but played through the pain to the finish. He left here with his wife for an Alaskan cruise. I hope he can walk. He has a picture of it on facebook and it looks pretty knarly.
The lunch consisted of Teriyaki Chicken, Coconut Rice, Chow Mien, Coconut Sticky Rolls, Grilled Pineapple and Marshmallow Brownies for dessert. So many people wanted the recipes that I will put them on the next post.
3 comments:
I love the soccer pictures! You can see how serious they were about it!
you should put up some wedding pictures too!
Wow, Lorna these are some great pictures!
I am definitely stealing some of them for myself.
-Becky
Post a Comment