Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Manteca


So after Yosemite we drove to Manteca and right to our house on Charles Ave with the help of a GPS (don't leave home without it).

It looked better than I thought.  I remember climbing trees and teaching all the neighborhood kids in my little school house Dad built (it's gone).  

I also remember finding my cat Mitzi dead in the side yard.  It was a sad day for me.  I hope my cats are in heaven waiting for me!

The Church has been sold to another church but still looks the same.  I remember thinking it was so neat to live 3 houses from the church (a rarity in California).  I have lived 3 houses from a Church in 2 more homes in Utah (not so rare).  I remember the story about Rod (my brother) being left at church in the men's bathroom and being too small to pull open the door.  Bishop Nicolaysen heard a little voice saying "let me in, let me in" and he found Rod and let him out.



1 comment:

Stacy said...

It's cool to see where you used to live! I love hearing your memories.