We start every morning with our briefing of the route and schedule for the day.
It was cold again this morning getting ready to leave.
It was hard for me to leave our castle in Hedervar but on we must go.
Gray Hungarian cows with no cholesterol.
Gyor
Wow these looked amazing, but I did refrain.

We went to a small farm in Neszmely for our cooking demonstration and lunch. We made flat bread and strudel. I love this part of the trip.
My great little flat bread.
This is for Alta and Ellie. The farm had a great big wooden swing and I thought you both would fit in the seat and love a push.
We rode to our next Hotel, Bazilika Alatt Panzio which is right across the street from the Basilika.
The Esztergom Basilika is very famous and situated on the only hill we have seen. Hungary is pretty flat and mostly agricultural. Right now the saving grace for the country is the four car manufacturers, Audi, Mercedes, Suzuki and I can' remember the 4th one.
Just a little nervous of the height.....
Does his face ring a bell?
The dinner restaurant is right next door to our new hotel. It is modern but quirky. It is still hard for me to think of not sleeping in the castle, but here we are. The restaurant is the most famous in Hungary for pork knuckle, so of course we couldn't pass that up. I had the drunken pork knuckle and Mark had the pork knuckle au gratin (if I wrote out the real names in Hungarian, this post would be way too long and no one would understand it anyway). The food was fee-knome (very delicious) and we said, yona-put (hello) and cuse-nam (thank you) to our waiter. In Hungarian, the accent is always in the first syllable with no exceptions.
Stacy and I wanted to try the very strange dessert. We had absolutely no idea what it would look or taste like from the menu description. This is how it looks and its taste grew on us but it was not sweet and it was warm!?





1 comment:
Haha, the girls would love that swing. It looks so green and pretty there!
Post a Comment