Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 7-In and Out

We started off from our hotel, went over the Danube which looked blue and beautiful, to Slovakia. We weaved in and out between Hungary and Slovakia all day today. It was our longest ride at 50 miles. It was also the most beautiful and we even found a few hills to climb and I really enjoyed the downhill as it has been severely lacking with all the flat trails. We biked up to a National Park after riding the ferry over the river. We had traditional Hungarian beef stew that is suspiciously the same as beef soup, but they insist it is different. It was cooked in pots over a fire. We rode back to the ferry with Matt leading the way through hill and dell, off rode and back to a fair in Slovakia. Mark and I are both such terrible shoppers. It all looks like junk to me. Mark keeps telling me to buy something but I didn't see anything I wanted. I took a nap and got ready for dinner with the whole group at a another restaurant with an unrecognizable name. The food was delicious and not quite so heavy although we probably did not work off the calories even biking 50 miles. I had a salad with roasted vegetables and a pasta chicken dish. Mark had vegetable soup and the chicken dish. We had crepes for dessert but they were not sweet.

















This sheep ran right over to Mark.

No comments: