Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 8-On to Budapest

It was cold as we got up and ate a measly breakfast and left the quirky hotel. We rode back to the Danube and loaded the bikes on a boat and cruised down river towards Budapest. 







 Every trip needs a good crash.  Our guide Suzie repeatedly  warned about two bumps in the trail in our morning route review.  Mark and Steve were up to the task as Mark moaned "the bump, I didn't see the bump" and Steve didn't say anything at all.  She believed it for about 2 seconds or at least until she saw who it was.

 What I see as I ride downhill so fast!


The town of Vac.

Mark thought the goodies here were just too much, he said diminishing returns when we ordered our two little macaroons and some Ghanan hot chocolate.  Of course, I loved it.



Getting back on the ferry.

We rode to a wonderful horse farm enjoyed a typical lunch and watched a show performed by skilled riders in traditional Hungarian costumes.




They asked for a volunteer and Mark jumped up.  I think they chose him because of his matching outfit.  He got to use their whip and try to uncork the wine bottle.  He did so well they rewarded him with his own bottle which he gave to Suzie, our guide.

 This guy was amazing, riding bareback with 5 horses to lead.  He could get going pretty fast!



They let anyone who wanted ride the trained horses.


We rode to the Holiday Beach Hotel in Budapest.  We had a nice room with a few mosquitos who had a heyday with me.  We followed Matt's suggestion to frequent a Greek cafe and it was excellent.  The food, music and company couldn't be beat and what do you know, we only dropped several thousand HUf but it was worth it!





2 comments:

Mal. said...

Their fake accident pictures kill me!

ugkuyg said...

I want to hear the horse stories...what is Mark doing???