This is my engagement picture. Natalie won't read my blog, she just looks at the pictures. So I thought I'd include more pictures. We got engaged on March 22, 1981. We met in a business law class at BYU. There were only 3 girls in a class of 50+ guys. I remember the first time I saw Mark. He must have remembered me too because he and Rex came up to me in the Cougareat and started flirting. He asked me for my phone number but said he had too many numbers and would never get around to calling me. The next day in class I timed it so we would walk out together and I told him that the smart people sit on the right side of the class. Wouldn't you know it, the next morning he was sitting on the right --right next to where I sat. I made it my duty to keep him awake (it was a 7:00 am class) which he didn't appreciate. We ate breakfast after class twice a week for most of the semester. We would talk about who we were dating and got to be very good friends. I had a few boyfriends during that time and one of them would see Mark waiting for me around campus and he would say "Who is that guy?" and I would say "You don't have to worry about him, he's just a funny guy I know". Mark asked me out in September, but he never called to confirm or tell me what time, so I went out with someone else. He still says I stood him up. We didn't go out until December. I asked him out to a Christmas concert. I also called him to go get a milkshake once. He would hang around my apartment and when a date would pick me up he would say "I'm her home teacher". I liked to hang out at his apartment too. I went to Oregon for Christmas and missed him. I came back to Utah and right away went to see him. We went ice skating and he wouldn't hold my hand to skate together. He later told me it was like holding hands with his sister. Not what I was looking for!
One kiss was all it took and everything changed. I dated other guys right up until we got engaged because Mark was always gone on the weekends skiing. He was the ski coach for the BYU Ski Team. When I called my parents to tell them I was engaged they asked "the skier or the tennis player?" Chosing the skier was the best choice I have ever made.
No comments:
Post a Comment