Last night we went downtown to watch Mitchell in the first and last performance of his band "Unicornicopia". The Brower side always has a Christmas Party where we exchange white elephant gifts. Several years ago Mit got a silly girl puzzle of unicorns and flowers that was his inspiration for the band name. I think it is a great band name and it makes me laugh. Last summer he got a Lowry organ from DI for $60 and his friends painted it green and purple. It really sounds terrible, but he likes it. The performance was at a dance hall--Studio 600, an alcohol free club. I think most of his friends showed up to watch. The drummer's parents came too. I asked Mitchell if we would embarrass him by coming and he said "yes". Oh well, that's what parents do best. Kevin said "do you know there's a cover charge?" I said we were good for it. Mit did laugh when he saw us come in. His cute friend Erin came and gave me a big hug, she likes us. It was fun to watch and they looked like they were having fun. I thought that maybe all those years of piano lessons were not completely wasted! He sings and plays--who would have thought?
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Unicornicopia-A Band A Mother Could Love
Last night we went downtown to watch Mitchell in the first and last performance of his band "Unicornicopia". The Brower side always has a Christmas Party where we exchange white elephant gifts. Several years ago Mit got a silly girl puzzle of unicorns and flowers that was his inspiration for the band name. I think it is a great band name and it makes me laugh. Last summer he got a Lowry organ from DI for $60 and his friends painted it green and purple. It really sounds terrible, but he likes it. The performance was at a dance hall--Studio 600, an alcohol free club. I think most of his friends showed up to watch. The drummer's parents came too. I asked Mitchell if we would embarrass him by coming and he said "yes". Oh well, that's what parents do best. Kevin said "do you know there's a cover charge?" I said we were good for it. Mit did laugh when he saw us come in. His cute friend Erin came and gave me a big hug, she likes us. It was fun to watch and they looked like they were having fun. I thought that maybe all those years of piano lessons were not completely wasted! He sings and plays--who would have thought?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice job! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY MITCHELL. Thanks for sharing the day with me;)
Post a Comment