Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 2- Paris

We started the day trying to rent bikes. Paris has this wonderful service. Every few streets there are racks of bikes that you can take and leave them at any other rack in the city. The first hour is free and then they charge. It took me and two French men to try and figure out the kiosk. It was partly in English but would switch back to French and I could not figure out how it worked for about 20 minutes. I was persistent and we got our bikes out and started towards the Louvre.
We spent a few hours in there, it was quite incredible. Then we checked out two more bikes (like a pro) and started riding them down the Champs Elysee in traffic dodging people and cars and buses. I was quite nervous but loved riding instead of walking. We made it and rode all the way around the Arc de Triumph. We had lunch and paid 8.50 for two cokes....ouch. Then we went to the Orsay Museum. I really loved this one.
We ended the back watching the Eiffel Tower through the sunset.

Breakfast - baguettes, omelets, and croissants along with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
Lunch - cafe onion soup, expensive soft drinks and crepe suzette. Marginal
Dinner - French Restaurant. Really good onion tart, rataoui and ravioli. Great pink island in custard.
Snack - lemon gellato

No comments: