Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Funny Story 4/23/13

I was waiting for Mark to come back from golfing. He was supposed to return at 4:30. I unpacked in our new room, took a shower and got ready for tonight's dinner and then went down to the lobby to see if anyone there knew anything about why our group was so late. I spoke with the kilted doorman for quite awhile in lively conversation, because speaking with a man in a kilt who has a Scottish accent is always lively and still no Mark. I found the golf pro scheduler and he hadn't seen them either. He said to check the bar next door just in case they ended up there. I thought it would have had to be a pretty bad game of golf for Mark to take up drinking but wanting to see the inside, I checked it out and again no one from our group was there. 
I came back to our fabulous room and wrote in this blog and read the paper and still wondered where they could be. At 6:45, Mark came through the door looking lost. I asked where he had been and what happened at Carnoustie. He said he had gone to our previous room, noticed that I had cleaned it up and put everything away so he laid down for a short nap to wait for me. That was at 4:30 when I was expecting him. He woke up before 7 and really wondered where I was and looked around and realized that there was nothing of ours in the room. He went to the front desk and got a new key and found me in our luxurious new room. We had quite a laugh at that one. He would have shocked housekeeping if they had come into the room. Worse than that if anyone else had been asleep in that bed, he would have thought it was me and got in and joined them for a nice nap. He was pretty out of it after golfing. At least he didn't take up drinking!

No comments: