Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy Thirty-Second Sweetheart 6/28/13

So I walked into a bar................on Wednesday afternoon asking for change for a dollar to buy a Park City newspaper.  Four twenty-somethings at the counter and a bar tender watched me walk in and the only girl said, "Are you having a great day?"  I said, "Yes I am," paused and then said, "It is my 32nd wedding anniversary," another pause, "to the same man."  They all laughed and the girl high fived me and said, "I knew there was something about you, you have a glow, you must be very happy."  I said I was and then one of the guys said, "What, were you ten when you got married?"  I took my quarters and left with a big smile on my face.

We went to dinner at Stein Eriksens in Deer Valley for our favorite meal.  We walked around the beautiful mountains and enjoyed the ride down the canyon.

I made a slide show for Mark and he loved it.  Hopefully I can figure out how to post it here.  What a wonderfully fun and happy life we have had so far together.  In 2 1/2 weeks we will have come full circle back to just the two of us after 31 years.  We are looking forward to it and Mark keeps telling me to spend more time on myself, and more money.  He is so funny.  I keep finding more and more things I want to do in my retirement.

So here's to walking out of a bar and into my new life............................ what an adventure! 

No comments: