Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Trail of the Hiawatha 7/24/13

The last six months have been a whirlwind of activity with ski team, mission papers, graduation, and mission prep.  Mark and I left on Thursday for a trip to Coeur 'd Alene, Idaho and then up to Alberta, Canada. We got off to a slow start, stopped in Ogden for lunch and in Idaho Falls for dinner and only made it to Missoula to spend the night.  Everything was full except a 2nd rate hotel on the other side of town.  It was fine except the high pitched tones that kept me awake that Mark could never hear.  We drove for what seemed like forever, through very smokey valleys and beautiful vistas.  We hoped the fires were not in Coeur 'd Alene and they weren't.  

We rented mountain bikes for the 15 mile Trial of the Hiawatha.  It is a "rails to trails" gravel trail with 5 trestle bridges and 10 tunnels, the first one being 1.7 miles long.  It was incredibly beautiful and green.  We had so much fun.  I thought I might be nervous on the bridges, but I wasn't.  We finished and took a bus back to the start.  It was quite warm on the old school bus and both Mark and I fell asleep.  

No comments: