On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Scott and Kaelyn. We ate at Thaifoon in the Gateway and everything was very good. I would go there just for the Tom Ka Soup. After dinner there wasn't time to go to a movie so we wandered around Sur La Table, a great cooking store. I followed Scott into the test/class kitchen and they were finishing up a class with only two people in it. The food looked really good and I asked for some of the recipes. They had us taste stuff and gave me the packet of recipes. So today I thought I would have a Valentines dinner and try it all out. Now I know that you shouldn't ever try anything new when you are serving guests but the guests I serve are my kids and they are good testers. Everything was very good and got a thumbs up. We had French Onion Soup, Spaetzle, Whole Herb-Roasted Chicken, Asparagus, Homemade Wheat Bread, and to finish it off Chocolate Molten Cake. I bought a Spaetzle maker at the store and I have been looking for one for a long time. I could eat it every day.
Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Molten Cakes
5 oz. semisweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
10 Tablespoons butter
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter cupcake pan or 6 custard cups. Melt butter and add chocolate and cook over low heat until melted. Whisk eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, then chocolate mixture and then flour. Pour batter into 12 cupcakes or 6 custard cups. Bake cakes about 9 minutes in cupcake pan or 11 minutes in custard cups.
The sides should be set but the center remains soft and runny. You can make the mixture 1 day ahead and chill. Cook 2 or 3 minutes longer if cold.
I hope you enjoy these. Even if you overcook them and they are just little chocolate cakes, they are moist and taste great. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some berries, drizzle with carmel sauce. A very wonderful Valentines dessert for someone you love!
1 comment:
Mmmmmm sounds good. I have been collecting your recipes and plan to make the rocky road soon. Thanks for posting them.
Post a Comment